Ume: helper of many things.
My husband introduced me to Ume when we first got married and now it’s one of my favorite go-to’s in my home remedies kit.
UME extract helps with healthy digestion and naturally relieves occasional heartburn because of it’s soothing blend of organic acid that is naturally found in it. These various acids help your body maintain comfortable pH levels. It also provides natural minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, iron and calcium.
Here’s a little bit more info I gathered from various sources…if you haven’t tried this before, I would highly recommend adding it to your medicine cabinet.
Ingredients: concentrated ume (Japanese plum).
Uses: Ume Extract is a natural antibiotic and is extremely helpful in alleviating headaches, airsickness, bloating, stomach aches, over consumption of food or drink. It can also be used as an ingredient in making various healthy desserts and dishes (which I haven’t ventured down as of yet).
“The virtues of Ume (Japanese plum) have been recognized for thousands of years. To preserve and concentrate its essence, freshly pressed ume juice is boiled down to a thick, dark syrup. Ume extract makes for a refreshing and invigorating drink, a sour candy, a summer frozen dessert by mixing extract with honey or rice syrup in a ratio of 1:10. Place in hot water and freeze, or ume extract can be mixed with a little shoyu (soy sauce) 20:1 as a basting sauce for tofu. Enjoy this versatile, highly medicinal extract in your favorite creation. This salt-free Japanese elixir is very alkaline and rich in natural citric acid.
Ume Extract is prepared by carefully cooking down the fresh juice of unripe Japanese plums. Mitoku Ume Extract uses only fresh plums which are handpicked. Each plum is a blue-green color when raw and is known as “the blue diamond.” The 24 hour cooking process converts this unripe plum into a form of natural medicine. It takes 2.2 Ib. or 1 kilogram of plums to produce 0.71 oz. of extract. The extract is the pure essence of ume as no salt or alcohol is added. Ume extract is a useful dietary supplement when used in cooking or drinks. This prized salt-free alkaline tonic has many uses in Traditional Oriental Medicine. Manufactured in Japan, where family masters practice the traditional art of ume production; these ume plum extract products are the highest quality available.”
Ume Extract Supports:
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Provides a natural source of the organic acid from plum extract that helps balance body pH at comfortable levels.
- Helps maintain low alkaline level to stay healthy.
- Excellent for digestion, helps acid reflux, heartburn, H. pylorus bacillus, stomach ulcer
- and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Helps stimulate digestion, eases gas and bloating, lubricates the bowel, and soothes
- the digestive tract.
- Helps constipation and stops diarrhea.
- Contains organic acid, a natural relief for occasional heartburn.
- Contains citric acids for additional digestive support.
CARDIOVASCULAR, HEART AND ORGANS’ FUNCTIONS
- Supports a healthy blood sugar level – diabetic, blood pressure and cholesterol level.
- Contains a Mumefural composition that improves the fluidity of human blood and reduces the widest range of cardiovascular risk factors.
- Supports liver function.
- Helps body to detoxify.
- In ancient Chinese, people use plum extract to purify the food, purify water and clean the blood.
- Boosts blood circulation.
- Helps prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Increases metabolism.
- Helps to lose weight. Cells in a healthy body are bathed in an alkaline fluid. An acidic body environment causes an imbalance in these cells. That is acidosis, or over acidification of body fluids and tissues, which can not only lead to sickness and disease but also storing extra fat in the body tissue.
- Helps to control weight in conjunction with a regular exercise program.
- Enhances immune function.
- Provides a range of nutrients to support immune health, which is valuable to overall health and well being.
- Helps reduce tiredness, sleepiness and melancholy.
ANTI-AGING, SKIN AND HAIR
- Contains antioxidant which helps protect your body against free radical damage and is great for your skin to slow down aging process.
- Healthy skin and hair.
- Helps gout and arthritis.
- Kills “bad” bacteria.
- Contains antimicrobial because of its phenolic compounds.
- Contains necessary cofactors required for proper absorption and utilization by the body, including citric acids, antioxidants, minerals and organic acids.
- Helps osteoporosis better calcium absorption and utilization.
Hope you’re having a beautiful February!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in blog
Change Makers This week I had the honor to be invited by Etsy to a Small Business Roundtable hosted by the National Democratic Caucus on Capital Hill—it was awesome. The event was about 2 hours and there were people from all over the country. It was amazing to hear from such a wide variety of […]
Envisioning our feasts I love this time of year; when all the envisioning we did in the winter, of the goodness we want to feast on during the summer months, goes into motion :). For the past few years, at the beginning of spring, the hubs and I have been starting our own seeds for […]
Using Nature’s Bounty for spring remedies It’s starting to feel like spring….the grass is turning green, the flowers are blossoming, the bird’s are chirping….and I’ve started sneezing :). What about you? Does the pollen, fresh grasses and the blossoming beauties in your neck of the woods get you sneezy and stuffy? Several years ago, I […]