Grilled Fennel & Goat Cheese
Fennel & Goat Cheese Bake
This Grilled Fennel & Goat Cheese dish is tasty, light, and very versatile. It makes for a great appetizer...just serve on top of a slice of toasted bread ( l like Pugliese best), or as a side dish. The flavors are rich and earthy...and the goat cheese gives it a little bit of a tang, so it really blends well together. You can really play around with the spices you use...my new favorites right now are smoked paprika, black lava salt and seasoned black pepper...however, fresh sage & marjoram would taste pretty good as well. And they taste best when they come straight out of the oven, pipping hot! So, grill right before serving.
Grilled Fennel & Goat Cheese (4 ppl)
- 2 Fennel Bulbs, sliced into 6 pieces each, for a total of 12 slices
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup basil. finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms or olives of choice, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black lava salt, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Lay fennel slices on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Then sprinkle each piece with a little himalayan pink salt.
- Crumble goat cheese evenly on all 12 slices, followed by basil and mushrooms/olives. Then sprinkle smoked paprika, seasoned black pepper and black lava salt on top.
- Grill, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Serve warm on top of toasted bread or as a side.
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
- You can substitute the goat cheese with store-bought tofu cream cheese.
YOGIC COOKING NOTES
- This is completely GF! Yeah!
- To keep this dish sattvic, use olives instead of mushrooms
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.