POPCORN: perfect for the holidays...or any day.
2011 © COPYRIGHT PRITIFOOD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Growing up my mom sometimes made fresh popcorn, but once microwave popcorn came on the scene...the real deal was not seen. But then about 10 years ago, I moved to California and my friend Trupti introduced me to the art of making REAL popcorn. I don't think I've eaten the microwave stuff since! Real popcorn is a great snack, a perfect movie companion and super easy to make. Unlike the microwave stuff that has all the not-so-good additives to it...real popcorn is as pure as you make it. I really like trying and experimenting with new new flavors....during your holiday family gatherings and movie nights this year, throw out the microwave stuff and try the real stuff!
If you don't have big bowls to hold the popcorn once popped...or you're like me and like an easy clean up....just take a brown grocery bag, cut the top off and line with foil or paper towel...and voila you have your own popcorn bucket!
- 1/2 cup Popcorn (I like Orville Redenbacher's the best)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Salt, as desired
- Place oil and popcorn in 3-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cover and shake on-and-off continuously until popcorn is popped. Once popcorn is no longer popping, pour into bowl.
My Favorite Flavors
DILL & TAMARI
- 1/3 cup ghee/ buttter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 2-3 tablespoons Tamari, to taste
- salt, to taste
SMOKED PAPRIKA & PARMESEAN
- Toss popcorn with ghee and dill and the sprinkle with tamari ...then enjoy!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (rennet less)
- salt & pepper, to taste
BLACK SALT & BUTTER
- Toss popcorn with all of the above ingredients and then... enjoy!
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- salt, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon black salt, or to taste.
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
YOGIC COOKING NOTES
- You can substitute the butter with Earth Balance or your favorite oil. And the parmesan with nutritional yeast.
- Popcorn is very vata aggravating, so make sure you put enough ghee/ butter/ oil on your popcorn!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.